Foodie Friday : Rock and Cabbage Roll
The recipe I am going to talk about, is an Italian dish and is a perfect snack for parties. It is easy to cook and takes very less time to be prepared. Even if you’re not a fan of cabbage, these stuffed cabbage rolls just might make you one! All you need is:
- A fully cabbage
- Water to boil
- Cottage cheese
- Finely chopped capsicum, onion
- Tomato puree
- Red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper
To prepare the rolls remember the following steps:
- Boil the cabbage for 5-7 minutes as a whole.
- Take it off the stove and remove the leaves in the shape of a bowl
- Now, mix in a separate grated cheese and capsicum together. (NOTE: If the cheese is salted, do not add salt. If it’s unsalted, add one teaspoon salt)
- Stuff the prepared mixture in the cabbage leaves and fold it from the sides so that the filling doesn’t come out.
- To prepare the sauce, heat oil in a pan, add some butter and finely chopped onions and garlic. When it melts and the onions are caramalised or a little brownish on colour, add a tea spoon of flour (maida) and mix till it gets brown . Now add tomato puree and mix thoroughly. After the puree is cooked add 1 tsp chilli and salt according to taste, oragano and salt and pepper.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the rolls and serve hot!