And the Miss World 2014 Winner Is… Miss South Africa, Rolene Strauss!
The 22-year-old beauty queen was crowned onstage at the competition’s grand final at the Excel London ICC Auditorium on Sunday. Miss South Africa, Rolene Strauss, the daughter of a doctor and nurse, is a fourth-year medical student.
Miss World 2014, the 64th edition of the Miss World pageant, was held on December 14, 2014 at ExCeL London in London, UK. Megan Young of the Philippines crowned her successor Rolene Strauss of South Africa at the end of the event. 121 contestants competed for the crown. This is the second time that South Africa has won the title outright and the third time they have held the title.
The two runners-up were:
2. Hungary: Edina Kulcsár, a former finalist of the 2009 Miss Plastic Hungary beauty pageant. The contest featured contestants who had plastic surgery and aimed to promote the benefits of cosmetic procedures.
3. United States: Elizabeth Safrit, who represented North Carolina at the 2014 Miss United States pageant, has a BA in political science from the University of Southern California and has been dancing since she was little.
The other contestants who made it to the top 10 were:
4. Australia: Courtney Thorpe, a marketing student
5. England: Carina Tyrrell, a med student at the prestigious University of Cambridge.
6. Guyana: Rafieya Husain, a business administration student
7. Brazil: Julia Gama, a chemical engineering student
8. Kenya: Idah Nguma, a marketing executive
9. Mexico: Daniela Álvarez Reyes, Miss Mundo Mexico
10. India: Koyal Rana, NGO and director of the Moksha Foundation